Christian pop culture through the eyes of a radical housewife and part time atheist, Miss Poppy Hussein Dixon. Online since 1995. Stop by every day for the latest in Christian crime, intimidation, fraud, and foolishness.

For the finest Jesus junk, visit MissPoppy.com

shop misspoppy.com

Friday, July 18, 2008

A Sad End

western scrub jay

The jays were going crazy this morning - a total cacophony. I went outside to check and counted at least a dozen of them near the shed screaming and screeching. I found this little pile of feathers near the compost and fear it was my wounded jay, the victim of a hawk or coyote.

It's amazing that so many scrub jays came from near and far to join together, though unsuccessfully, against a common enemy.

My take away is not to feed the jays on the ground. I usually leave their peanuts on our patio table. It has a large umbrella which conceals them from the hawks.

I had to feed my wounded jay on the ground, though, as she could not fly. I suppose her chances of survival were low, but I will miss her, if indeed this was her.


Wounded Scrub Jay | The Series

Wounded Scrub Jay
Scrub Update
The Scrub Jay Drama Continues

No comments: