Christian pop culture through the eyes of a radical housewife and part time atheist, Miss Poppy Hussein Dixon. Online since 1995. Stop by every day for the latest in Christian crime, intimidation, fraud, and foolishness.

For the finest Jesus junk, visit MissPoppy.com

shop misspoppy.com

Monday, August 18, 2008

I'm Not a Molester, You're a Jesus Hater

scott snyder

Scott Snyder, 34, the Pastor of New Beginnings Bible Fellowship Church in York, PA, was charged last week by the Pennsylvania State Police with two counts of corruption of minors.

According to the York Daily Record Snyder admitted to "sending inappropriate text messages and photos of himself to a 14-year-old girl's cell phone. He also admitted to police that he kissed a 13-year-old girl on the lips in a church van, charging documents state."

Snyder doesn't see the charges as an attack on him, but an example of the hatred the media has for the Lord Jesus Christ. In an email response Snyder whined,
It is a sad day once again as we see the corruption of this world and the media. I have spent the last 7 days with our military soldiers and hear from them also of the lack of truth presented by the media. So much false information has been broadcasted and televised concerning charges and accusations against me. Things have been said that I have never said and accusations made that are simply not true. While this has been a direct attack on myself I believe it has really been a direct attack against the truth that I preach and stand for. This world hates Jesus Christ and any servant of His and is seeking to destroy the truth of God's Word. Once again we have seen the corruption of our media and its worldly sources. This country did have a motto that a person was innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. Unfortunately you are now guilty before the evidence is even presented. You are destroyed before the truth is known. This is a case that shows the horrible condition of our country and the open hatred toward our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, and those men of God who still stand preaching the salvation of Jesus Christ. I cannot change how you feel about all the false information presented and reported about me, but I can say once again it is false, and that this will not stop me from continuing to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ.
[my emphases]
Jesus called. He said, "Don't help."


- Church Website | New Beginnings Bible Fellowship Church
- York Daily Record | Pastor denies charges

2 comments:

spajadigit said...

That last line is precious.

Frogspond said...

I wrote to this fine pastor's church and let them know how much I support his efforts to put the focus right back on our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ where it belongs.

I also let them know how I felt about the church not adding to the media storm by refusing to mention anything about this on their website.