Christian pop culture through the eyes of a radical housewife and part time atheist, Miss Poppy Hussein Dixon. Online since 1995. Stop by every day for the latest in Christian crime, intimidation, fraud, and foolishness.

For the finest Jesus junk, visit MissPoppy.com

shop misspoppy.com

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Blessing of the Waves

blessing of the waves

Muslims, Jews and Christians blessed the waves last Sunday at Huntington Beach, CA, by pouring a bowl of holy water in the ocean.

Digger Green, a 52-year-old native of Queensland, Australia, told reporters,
This is my life. It is my church.
I can dig it. The beautiful, changing color of the waves, the power of the ocean, the waning significance of human endeavor, the lovely feel of the water, and the joy of playing in it, all are what I imagine believers might feel when they're in church, but what I never did - there. The waves don't need to be blessed, however. They are a blessing in themselves. They bless us.

No comments: