Christian pop culture through the eyes of a radical housewife and part time atheist, Miss Poppy Hussein Dixon. Online since 1995. Stop by every day for the latest in Christian crime, intimidation, fraud, and foolishness.

For the finest Jesus junk, visit MissPoppy.com

shop misspoppy.com

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Who Let the Gods Out? White Man Raises Roof for Jesus



From Smitty, Filled with the Spirit, from the album The Walls of Jericho. I understand the video was produced for Rick Warren's Purpose Driven Life Seminar in 2006. Warren is the religious guy who interviewed McCain and Obama. Remember? Yeah, me neither.

One other religious guy didn't like the lyrics of the song.
Ohhhhhh, I'm filled with the Spirit;
come gather round so all ya'll can hear it.
Ohhhhh, I feel so amazing; can't stop the music, got my hands raising.
Ohhhh, I feel this divinity; stronger than Samson; it is the Trinity.
Calm me down I need the tranquility;
Satan try to stop me; you got to be kiddin' me.
Uuhhhhh, now break it down ya'll;
uuhhhhh, now break it down ya'll;
uuhhhh, uuhhhhh, now break it down, now break it down,
Old Testament style.
Do the burning bush, do the burning bush,
now everybody in the crowd do the burning bush.
The walls of Jericho, the walls of Jericho,
make the booty drop like the walls of Jericho
[the rapper turns around and shakes his backside to the camera]...

No comments: