Christian pop culture through the eyes of a radical housewife and part time atheist, Miss Poppy Hussein Dixon. Online since 1995. Stop by every day for the latest in Christian crime, intimidation, fraud, and foolishness.

For the finest Jesus junk, visit MissPoppy.com

shop misspoppy.com

Monday, November 3, 2008

Shame on You, Texas !

cracker-ass crackers

A University of Texas poll found that 23% of Texans believe Obama is a Muslim. This is most likely due to emails like the one quoted below, sent from a cousin of mine from Texas. Actually, it probably wasn't TO me as the subject line was Calling All True Believers. I'd asked her politely, months ago, to stop sending me political forwards as I did not share her views and she agreed. I don't know if she sent this one to be by accident, or out of frustration, but I received it just the same on Saturday.

The email harps on flag pins, and mosques in America supported by Saudi terrorists, the loss of public prayer and ten commandment idols, and whips up to the ultimate destruction of America. What can the good Christian do?
We are great at passing stories and pictures around the internet, but where are our prayers and prayer warriors praying to stop this tide of Barak Obama? We can bring our country back to its Christian roots and stop the undermining of our country by Muslims. We can stop our country from being 'under Allah' but we must begin to pray; to pray as [if] our country and our lives depended on it because they do. We can stop all these atrocities against God's commandments that have taken root in our country through something as simple as sincere prayer, a call to God to deliver us, to protect us from the evil that is upon us.
Well, excuse me all over the place. In addition to making another financial donation to Obama's campaign my husband and I went to a call center and spent the afternoon calling undecideds in Indiana and North Carolina. Somehow, in my godless atheism, I expect this to be more fruitful than prayer. Oh, and I replied to my cousin:
You know I love you, but what you are sending out to others in these emails is not true. You are bearing false witness against your neighbor. Our God is a God of Truth and lying is a sin. This email you're forwarding to others is of the father of all lies. You cannot lie for God and call it a good thing.

No comments: