Christian pop culture through the eyes of a radical housewife and part time atheist, Miss Poppy Hussein Dixon. Online since 1995. Stop by every day for the latest in Christian crime, intimidation, fraud, and foolishness.

For the finest Jesus junk, visit MissPoppy.com

shop misspoppy.com

Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Unexpected Allure of Mexican Jumping Beans

mexican jumping beansThe sound of a quartz watch ticking in the living room can keep me awake in the bedroom. So when my mother bought our son a little case of Mexican jumping beans I was certain the sound they make would drive me nuts. But it didn't. The sound is random, and somehow calming and I can sleep with that weird little tumbling noise just inches from my head.

My husband mentioned that he found it calming, too. So I've taken to soaking them in pond water every other week to keep them alive. They'll eventually hatch and the moth will live for a couple of days if it's lucky.


- JumpingBeansRUs.com | Get them here.

No comments: