Christian pop culture through the eyes of a radical housewife and part time atheist, Miss Poppy Hussein Dixon. Online since 1995. Stop by every day for the latest in Christian crime, intimidation, fraud, and foolishness.

For the finest Jesus junk, visit MissPoppy.com

shop misspoppy.com

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Taliban Acid Attacks on Afghan Schoolgirls

Afghan police have arrested 10 men for throwing battery acid on 15 girls and teachers as punishment for attending school. Several girls suffered serious burns on their faces.

The men were described as Afghan Taliban militants who came to Kandahar from Pakistan to carry out the attack, the provincial governor said.
The basis for the attacks was religious. The attackers believed Allah does not want women educated.

I'm not a violent person and I must question myself heartily when I find myself empathizing with statements like this, of General Mattis.
You go into Afghanistan, you got guys who slap women around for five years because they didn't wear a veil. You know, guys like that ain't got no manhood left anyway. So it's a hell of a lot of fun to shoot them. Actually, it's a lot of fun to fight. You know, it's a hell of a hoot. It's fun to shoot some people. I'll be right upfront with you, I like brawling.
When I see pictures of these schoolgirls I wish for a few minutes alone with the fellows that did this to them. Yet I know that violence is not the answer. The answer is for those girls and their families and communities to find and create their own solutions, and for us to support them in every way we can. These young women are not helpless. They are continuing to go to school.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are right, these are wretched, subhuman bastards. I mean look at this, "It's fun to shoot some people"

...oh wait.

(I am a soldier and am utterly disgusted and really, really, REALLY POed that this animal is quoted as a representative.