Christian pop culture through the eyes of a radical housewife and part time atheist, Miss Poppy Hussein Dixon. Online since 1995. Stop by every day for the latest in Christian crime, intimidation, fraud, and foolishness.

For the finest Jesus junk, visit MissPoppy.com

shop misspoppy.com

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Jesus Likes to Watch

jesus mural
The artist is right. No one would have paid any attention to Winnipeg's mural of the year had a Cannuckstani woman not railed against it, calling it "glorified graffiti."

The Canadian Central Plains Herald-Leader reports,
"I know a lot of people would find [the mural] appealing. I don’t see any artistic merit in it myself," said a woman who lives across the street.
More: Jesus mural painter gives critic thanks

What do you think? Should religious murals be allowed in residential neighborhoods?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like a really good painting. Even more jewish/mideastern than most Jesuses. Of course, it'd be creepy to live across the street from it.

Walt said...

I'd allow a religious mural in my neighborhood only if I can counter with one showing Cthulhu squatting on a pyramid of skulls, defiling one of his acolytes.

To each his own.

Miss Poppy Dixon said...

I wouldn't like to have to see that everyday when I left my house. It's creepy and patronizing. It's like a big, ole peeping Tom.