Christian pop culture through the eyes of a radical housewife and part time atheist, Miss Poppy Hussein Dixon. Online since 1995. Stop by every day for the latest in Christian crime, intimidation, fraud, and foolishness.

For the finest Jesus junk, visit MissPoppy.com

shop misspoppy.com

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Christian, Like the Taliban, Wants Buddha Gone

Bamiyan Buddha destroyed by the Taliban.

David Engle was shocked, I tells you, SHOCKED, when he saw visitors at the Kansas City Zoo "...rubbing the heads and bellies of two large, smiling statues of Buddha at the entrance to the Tiger Trail area."

Then he started whining about nativity scenes and crosses on public property, idolotry, and his "infuriated" God. He complained to the zoo managament who promised to "...discuss it with our board leadership."

It's a small point lost on Engle, but Buddhists don't worship the Buddha.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish my spells to have these people STFU would start working.

Miss Poppy Dixon said...

I don't know. I think I'd rather have them out their wagging their idiocy in peoples' faces, rather than turning them to actions.

But I hear you, sister.